Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm Back From The RHS Chelsea Flower Show

I have always wanted to see the much admired Chelsea Flower Show in London and I got to go this month. I also went to see Great Dixter Gardens, the gardens of Christopher Lloyd and Sissinghurst, the gardes of Vita Sackville-West. If you are gardeners you will know the signifance of these world famous gardens.

My favorite was Great Dixter. You can't believe the way that man has planted layers of plants. Yes, Layers! He has early blooms and right throught them come June flowers and next in the same spot, without removing anything at all come the summer blooms and next the fall things. I just can't believe the number of plants that can grow in the same space when planted at different levels underground. This I am going to try in my English Cottage Garden. I have to do some research into Christopher Lloyds literature on gardening. I will try to post photos of my garden as it develops.

Sheep Yes, I visited some sheep breeders also. I saw hundreds of sheep in gently rolling pastures in the Kent area. Great animals! Still like my Cormos and California Reds better.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth

No comments: